THE RESTART GRANT PLUS - What Every Business Needs to Know Now!
Updated: Aug 11, 2020
The Restart Grant Plus has been launched and is open for applications from today.
This scheme was announced as part of the July Stimulus Package, BUT there have been some enhancements to this scheme which will increase the amount that is available to eligible businesses.
Here is what you need to know:
- The Restart Grant Plus is a new STANDALONE grant.
- It is open to all eligible businesses including those who received the First Restart Grant.
- Applications must be made to your local authority i.e. county council.
- If you were in receipt of the First Restart Grant you can apply for the new Restart Grant Plus by submitting a Declaration Form. (These will be available via your local authority website).
- First time applicants (who may not have been eligible under the First Restart Grant) MUST submit the Application Form available on your local authority website.
- Types of businesses now eligible for the Restart Grant Plus who were excluded from the First Restart Grant include B&B's, sporting & charity organisations.
- B&B's - Those operating in premises that are not rateable can apply for a flat €4,000 grant,
BUT they must make their application to Fáilte Ireland, not their local authority.
Illustrative examples of amounts available under the Restart Grant Plus:
- Rates Bill less than €2,000 in 2019 -> Received €2,000 (minimum) under First Restart Grant -> ADDITIONAL GRANT NOW AVAILABLE -> €4,000 --> TOTAL GRANT = €6,000.
- Rates Bill = €3,000 in 2019 -> Received €3,000 under First Restart Grant -> ADDITIONAL GRANT NOW AVAILABLE -> €4,000 --> TOTAL GRANT = €7,000.
- Rates Bill = €5,000 in 2019 -> Received €5,000 under First Restart Grant -> ADDITIONAL GRANT NOW AVAILABLE -> €5,000 --> TOTAL GRANT = €10,000.
- Rates Bill = €8,000 in 2019 -> Received €8,000 under First Restart Grant -> ADDITIONAL GRANT NOW AVAILABLE -> €8,000 --> TOTAL GRANT = €16,000.
- Rates Bill = €10,000 or more in 2019 -> Received €10,000 (max) under First Restart Grant -> ADDITIONAL GRANT NOW AVAILABLE -> Equivalent of 2019 Rates to maximum of €15,000 --> TOTAL GRANT = €25,000 (maximum).
The timeframe for the payment of the new Restart Grant Plus is hoped to be 2 weeks, whilst bearing in mind that there will be an initial surge in applications.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 30th September 2020.
This is some really much-needed good news, which will in a very practical manner help businesses to reopen and to remain open.
Do not delay in applying for this as demand will be high!
If you want to be kept up to date with announcements & to understand how they impact you and your business subscribe to my mailing list now (see below). Thank you!